Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Salsa and While Wheat Chips


Yum Salsa! Everyone has their favorites! With so much cilantro growing on my back deck, I felt inspired to make some! (And the pix was taken yesterday, but I keep forgetting to reset my date on the camera, it always defaults to 1/13/2007 when I change the batteries! Argh) I like to make my own chips as well. This salsa can be made mild or super spicy like I like it. To make yours mild, just avoid the hot habanero! Also, do not include the seeds in the jalapeno and banana pepper. I used a can tomato because the fresh tomatoes just do not taste juicy and sweet this time of year.

Salsa

Ingredients:

1 can of diced tomatoes
1 vidalia onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 banana pepper chopped, seed included
1 jalapeno pepper chopped, seeds included
1 habanero pepper chopped, seeds included
1 can of diced chilies, including juice
1 handful of fresh cilantro chopped
1 juice of a line
1 Tbsp. of sea salt
2 garlic cloves, chopped

Enjoy!

Chips

1 package of whole wheat tortillas cut in to triangles
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. sea salt

Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl, place the tortillas. Drizzle olive oil and sea salt. Toss gently to be sure each tortilla is lightly covered. Place the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes or until crisp. Stay close, they can burn easy. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked. Once cooled, place in an air tight bag.

No comments: