Friday, January 28, 2011
6 Flat Belly Drinks
Sip your way top a sexier stomach!
1) Water - Prevents Overeating - A new study found that people who drank water before meals three times a day lost 5 pounds more tan non-water drinkers over the course of 12 weeks. If you don't like plain water, add some flavor with a citrus twist of lemon, lime, or Orange.
2) Red Juices - repairs Muscles - You may be leary of getting too many calories from juice, don't be, with ruby juice like tart cherry and pomegranate. Science supports their health-promoting prowess. The anthocyanins from tart cherries helps speed muscle recovery after strenuous activity; and pomegranate juice's polyphenols help reduces oxidative stress in the body and hardening of the arteries.
3)Low-Fat Chocolate Milk - Boosts Metabolism - A study revealed that women who consumed 1200 milligrams of calcium per day lost significantly more weight than those who fell short on the calcium quota. Low-fat chocolate milk is also the drink of choice for muscle recovery as it offers the perfect carbohydrate-to-protein ratio.
4) Tea - Burns Fat - Tea is a natural fat fighter. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, three cups of green tea a day can stimulate the metabolic rate and burn fat at a faster rate for up to 24 hours after drinking.
5) Soy Shakes - Curbs Cravings - A study at the University of Illinois found that soy proteins mimic the action of leptin, a hormone that signals fullness and tells you to stop eating, which leads to weight loss.
6) Coffee - Ups Calorie Burn - Your morning java may whittle your middle by helping you burn fat at a steady rate. According to the American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism, women experienced the greatest fat burning boost over a 24 hour period after they drank caffeinated coffee.
Article from Oxygen Magazine Feb. 2011