Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese



Growing up I always loved macaroni and cheese. I knew it came out of a box and I could make it easily with a little butter and milk. My children loved this as well. Then I had the best macaroni and cheese at a restaurant. It was so creamy and delicious. I decided to make my own. This recipe is easy and great. You can use whatever cheese you and your family like the best. You can even just use all cheddar as well!

Ingredients:

2 cups of cooked elbow or penne pasta (1/2 box)
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 stick of unsalted butter
3/4 cup shredded cheddar
3/4 cup shredded gruyere
salt and pepper
Optional (Cayenne pepper or paprika)

Cook the pasta until el dente. About 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water to shock. (Stop the cooking process). Melt one stick of butter. In a separate bowl whisk the evaporated milk with 2 eggs. Gradually whisk in the butter. Whisk in 1/2 cup each of cheddar and gruyere. Add 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Whisk and pour into an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Add a touch of paprika or cayenne pepper for color. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.

Bénéficier! (Enjoy!)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

OMGawd Missy...this looks amazing!!

Mindy said...

Chet always talks about Grandma Minnie's spanish rice...will you be doing that one on here?

Cooking Obsession said...

Thank You! I just got the recipe from Mom for the Spanish Rice so I will posting that soon.

Christine Hadden said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this one, I can't wait to make it. Perhaps tomorrow, cause I'm off work:)